EDS has a team of experienced engineers with both practical and technical skills in OSP.
Outside Plant Engineering
For over thirty years, EDS has been at the forefront of the Telecommunications industry offering Outside Plant (OSP) services that meet our client’s needs today while preparing them to meet the demands of tomorrow.
EDS has expertly trained its team of installers, technicians and engineers to handle every aspect of OSP engineering from design, cable maintenance, emergency restoration and fiber characterization. We are experts in the design, installation and construction of pathway telecommunication infrastructure that combines traditional and new technologies.
Cable/Plant Maintenance & Protection
- Quickly respond and assign job tickets
- Effectively locate, identify, mark, standby and protect
- Perform necessary sheath integrity tests and repairs
Emergency Response/Cable Restoration:
- Ability to respond promptly and handle emergency repairs
- Effectively locate, evaluate and conduct repairs as needed
- Ensure compliance by periodically testing individual splices
- OTDR Trace Analysis
- Chromatic Dispersion Testing
- Spectral Attenuation
- Visual inspection
- Polarization Mode Dispersion
- Splice Attenuation Analysis
- Complete end to end system loss analysis